1. This is how Wikipedia introduces Liza Wang ("Liza Wang", Wikipedia):
"Elizabeth 'Liza' Wang, SBS (born 28 August 1947) is an accomplished diva, actress and MC from Hong Kong. She is a well-known personality in Chinese-speaking communities. She has been nicknamed 'The Big Sister' in the HK entertainment circle. Wang was formerly a delegate in the National People's Congress from 1988 to 1997, she is currently a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference."
As English Wikipedia has a very good summary of Liza Wang's 46 years performing career, I will not repeat them here.
Let me just note one thing that I very much admired about Liza Wang: She has impeccable work ethics.
2. Love is Everywhere ("萬水千山總是情") is the theme song of the 1982 Hong Kong TVB's drama Love and Passion.
Besides singing the theme song, Liza Wang was also the lead actress of this TV drama.
This 30 episodes TV drama was broadcast to popular acclaim and is still one of the 10 all time highest rated TVB dramas.
The drama and the theme song have the identical name in Chinese: 萬水千山總是情.
But the "passion" in Love and Passion is too intense for this light-hearted love song so I translated the song title as "Love is Everywhere", which is the meaning of the Chinese anyway.
"萬" = Ten thousand.
"水" = Water.
"千" = One thousand.
"山" = Hill or mountain.
"總是" = Always.
"情" = Love, passion or affection.
"[Across] Ten thousand waters and one thousand mountains always [is] love" = "Love is Everywhere"
3. The video are excerpts from the 1982 TV drama:
4. A karaoke version of the song:
5. Liza Wang performing in 1997:
This is part of the celebration of the 1997 Handover of Hong Kong back to China.
6. Liza Wang in concert in 2009:
At over 60 years and a two times survivor of cancer (1995, thyroid; 2002, breast), Liza Wang was still very energetic.
7. Liza Wang in concert in 2010:
8. Liza Wang in concert in 2011 with music by Kitaro:
9. Liza Wang in concert in 2011 in Singapore:
The Uploader should have edited out the last 5 minutes of silence after the song.
10. The Uploader has some English subtitles for the lyrics:
The translation is only so so.
As the translating is not easy, marks for good efforts.
11. Although the video quality is not good, it has photos of Liza Wang from her early years sprinkle on the screen:
12. As with a YouTube comment, the audio quality is very good and the photos are well chosen:
13. According to the Uploader, this was broadcast on China's CCTV 4 (Music Channel) in 2009:
I wonder what year the music video was produced.
14. Other videos with Liza Wang singing:
15. This is just the music:
Both the music and video are quite nice.
16. This is also the music only:
17. The Lyrics in Traditional Chinese:
萬水千山總是情 -- 汪明荃
Repeat *, #, @, &
18. The Lyrics in Simplified Chinese:
万水千山总是情 -- 汪明荃
Repeat *, #, @, &
19. Names, Words and Phrases:
Kitaro (Traditional: 喜多郎; Simplified: 喜多郎).
Liza Wang (Traditional: 汪明荃; Simplified: 汪明荃).
"Liza Wang", Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia,
"汪明荃", Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia,
"萬水千山總是情", Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia,